CableFish® is a low cost, low risk solution for monitoring submarine cable installation. The system operates effectively in shallow or high flow environments, conditions in which ROVs are rendered ineffective. CableFish® can be operated in automated mode, such that it will automatically maintain a set altitude above the seabed. The system is controlled and monitored via a PC connected via an ethernet connection. CableFish® uses instruments mounted on a cable mounted carriage and a fibre optic umbilical to provide video and GPS coordinates of the cable touch down point in real time. The system can be readily adjusted to suit a wide range of cable sizes. It can also be easily modified to accommodate a wide range of sensors. Call us to discuss how CableFish® can be used to support your submarine cable installation operations.
- Significantly lower cost than an ROV, with reduced manning and mobilisation.
- Continuous live images during cable lay.
- Inclinometer measures cable catenary.
- Chart plotted location reference of touchdown point.
- Eliminates the need for an expensive post-lay ROV survey.
- 5 – 200m water depths.
- 5 knot tidal flows.
- Adjustable for a range of cable diameters.
- No impact on speed of lay.
- Three cameras (two facing forward, one facing aft).
- Two lights.
- USBL beacon provides accurate subsea positioning.
- Sonar is optional